If you want to start your career in the pharma industry then becoming a Medical Representative would be the best decision of your life. They are experts in their fields and marketing and sell pharmaceutical goods to various medical facilities such as hospitals, doctors, physicians, etc by using their skills and knowledge. In this job, you can directly contact the doctors and give them up-to-date information about the medical supplies and build a strong relationship with them. In this article, we will talk about What is medical Representative, how much they make money, what kind of skills and knowledge they need, as well as what are the steps to make a Medical Representative.
What is Medical Representatives
Medical Representatives, also known as medical sales representatives or pharmaceutical sales representatives, are those who sell and promote pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, and prescription drug solutions. In other terms, a Medical Representative (MR) is a point of communication between pharmaceutical companies and health professionals such as doctors and nutritionists. A Medical Representative’s primary responsibility is to promote and sell the company’s products. Pharmaceutical pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, and medicines are examples of these products. Many young individuals who want to start their career in the pharma sector can join the reputed pharma companies as Medical Representatives but they must know What is Medical Representatives and its Roles and Responsibilities.
A medical representative is a person hired by a medical company to expand a network of healthcare experts in order to promote new products, handle sales, provide advice, and provide information on how to use them. Medical representatives in the PCD Pharma Franchise company have the following roles and responsibilities. Here, we will explain the answer to “What is Medical Representatives and its Roles and Responsibilities?”
What are the Roles and Responsibilities of the Medical Representatives
A medical representative’s job is difficult because he or she must work long hours and must cope with the stress of selling products to healthcare professionals while also meeting targets on time.
Also, he or she is responsible for a large part of promoting a brand and closing sales with customers. Each representative is allocated to a certain area in which he is responsible for attracting new clients and maintaining positive relationships with existing ones. Before having meetings with target clients such as doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and nutritionists, the medical representative must meet the stated targets by the end of each month. To close a contract and market his products, he must schedule meetings and presentations with healthcare professionals. Aside from that, he has the following important tasks and responsibilities:
- A medical or pharmaceutical corporation appoints a medical representative to market and sell its products. He or she serves as the company’s representative and is in charge of the company’s branding.
- He/she promotes the goods to potential buyers on behalf of his/her company in such a way that they purchase it.
- The Medical Representative is also in charge of promoting and making medical items available to the intended audience. He or she can advertise the products, hold seminars, or hold meetings with various healthcare professionals to market them.
- Each medical representative is given a monthly target to meet within a certain amount of time.
- It is essential for them to keep track of monthly sales for future reference as well as examine his performance.
- Every medical representative’s ultimate goal is to sell as many products as possible. Although his/her position is not solely sales-related, he/she is also responsible for after-sales customer assistance.
- Obtaining feedback from his clientele is one of his main responsibility. It will assist him in improving his future work performance.
- The Medical Representative must establish positive relationships with pharma professionals such as doctors, nurses, and physicians.
- Because the Medical Representative promotes the pharma company’s brand, he or she must have a pleasant personality and excellent communication skills.
- The Medical Representative must have complete knowledge of the pharmaceutical product so that he or she can effectively describe it to healthcare professionals.
What is the Salary of Medical Representatives
Well, the salary of the medical representative is all dependent upon the skills, experience, qualification, and location. If an individual has good experience in the same field then he will get approx 300,000 per annum. As some metropolitan cities give better exposure to the medical representative they give them a higher amount than the last company.
Some of the Cities offer higher salaries than other pharma companies. Here is the list of top-paying Indian Cities for Medical Sales representatives:
- Delhi: 35,000/- per year
- Bengaluru: 400,000/- per year
- Ahemdabad: 380,000/- per year
- Chandigarh: 250,000/- per year
What Qualification is required to be a Medical Representatives
To be a Medical Representative, you don’t need any specific qualifications. No one can stop a person who has fundamental intelligence, common sense, and a desire to succeed. However, if he has a rudimentary understanding of human anatomy, bioscience, and a sales background, he will have an advantage. Some pharmaceutical companies prefer B. Pharmacists and Medical School graduates. Also, individuals with a science background, such as PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics), are preferred over arts and commerce students since they understand things more easily.
However, even if a person has no prior knowledge of medical research, ten Pharma companies will provide basic training lasting 15 to 2 months if he is chosen. Also, if one truly wants to pursue a career in the medical and pharmaceutical fields, he or she may take biology with mathematics as a high school elective and subsequently seek a bachelor’s degree in the pharmaceutical profession.
Medical Representatives, as we can see, are an important element of any pharma company since they establish a network between healthcare professionals and the pharma company. The Pharma Company must have a thorough understanding of the drugs, including side effects, benefits, and precautions, in order to explain every detail of the product. Also understands his or her roles and responsibilities so that he or she can easily meet monthly goals.