Ziprasidone Capsules 40 mg
Zipral Ð 40
Ziprasidone Capsules is a medicine used to help treat schizophrenia and mania.
Ziprasidone Capsules is a type of medicine used to treat mental illnesses. It works by changing how certain chemicals in the brain affect your thoughts.
This medication helps with mental disorders like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Ziprasidone Capsules is a type of medicine that is in a group of drugs called atypical antipsychotics. It helps to fix the balance of some natural substances in the brain.
How To Use Ziprasidone Capsules?
- Before you start taking Ziprasidone Capsules and whenever you get more medicine, read the information sheet that comes with it. If you have any questions, ask your pharmacist. If you have any questions, just ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take this medicine with food, by mouth, as told by your doctor. Usually, you need to take it two times a day.Do not break or chew the pills when taking them. Do not break, squeeze, or bite the capsules.
- The amount of medicine you should take depends on your health and how you are doing with the treatment. To avoid getting sick from the medicine, your doctor might tell you to start with a little bit and then take more over time. Listen to what your doctor says and do it carefully.
- Remember to take this medicine every day to get the best results. Take it at the same time every day to help with memory. Continue taking this medicine even if you feel better. “Always talk to your doctor before you stop taking this medicine.”
- Let your doctor know if your condition doesn’t get better or if it gets worse.
Benefits Of Ziprasidone Capsules
Ziprasidone capsules may have some good effects.
Treatment of mental disorders: Ziprasidone capsules are medicine for mental health problems like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. These drugs are called atypical antipsychotics and they help to fix the balance of certain natural substances in the brain.
Dosage & Administration: Take them by mouth usually two times a day with food. The amount of medicine you take depends on your health and how well the treatment is working for you. Doctors often start with a small amount of medicine and slowly give more to avoid problems.
Treatment for bipolar disorder: Ziprasidone capsules can be used as ongoing treatment for adults with bipolar I disorder. It can be used along with lithium or valproate, or by itself.
Getting better: Research shows that people with schizophrenia may feel better after taking Ziprasidone capsules for 4-6 weeks. In the same way, people with bipolar I disorder might feel better after 3 weeks of treatment.
Side Effects Of Ziprasidone Capsules
- Extrapyramidal symptoms
- Facial swelling
- Decreased body temperature
- Postural hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Decreased appetite
- Muscle pain
- Abnormal vision
- Akathisia (inability to stay still)
- Respiratory tract infection
- Abdominal pain
Precautions Of Ziprasidone Capsules
- It should be eaten with a meal.
- Be careful when driving or doing anything that needs focus because Ziprasidone can make you feel dizzy and tired.
- Do not drink alcohol when you are taking medicine because it can make you very sleepy.
- If you feel any unusual emotions, like depression or suicidal thoughts, let your doctor know.
- Don’t stop taking Ziprasidone without talking to your doctor first because it might make your symptoms worse.