Rosuvastatincalcium & Fenofibrate Tablets
Rosuvastatin calcium and fenofibrate Tablets are lipid-lowering medication that is used to reduce elevated levels of triglycerides (TG) and total cholesterol (TC). By doing this, the chance of experiencing any cardiovascular events in the future—such as a heart attack, stroke, or angina—is reduced. Increased levels of poor cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein, or LDL, and triglycerides, or TG) cause plaque to form in the lining of the coronary arteries, causing fat, cholesterol, and other waxy substances to accumulate and obstruct the heart. An individual’s risk of developing a blood clot and heart attack is increased by this.
Fenofibrate, a derivative of fibric acid, and Rosuvastatin, a statin, are both present in Rosuvastatin calcium and fenofibrate Tablets. By preventing our body from producing “bad” cholesterol, rosuvastatin increases the levels of “good” cholesterol (HDL) and decreases the levels of elevated lipids known as cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. Additionally, it strengthens your body’s capacity to eliminate it from your blood. Fenofibrate, on the other hand, acts by reducing blood triglyceride levels.
How To Use Rosuvastatin Calcium & Fenofibrate Tablets
- These tablets may be taken either way: with or without food.
- It is best to take it whole along with a glass of water.
- Never bite, chew, or break it.
- Taking it at a set time is preferable.
- Depending on your specific medical condition, your doctor will advise you on how often to take your medications.
Benefits Of Rosuvastatin Calcium & Fenofibrate Tablets
The following are some possible advantages of these drugs:
Management of Cholesterol: Fenofibrate, rosuvastatin, and calcium combine to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglyceride levels while raising HDL (good) cholesterol. By doing so, the risk of heart disease can be decreased and lipid profiles can be improved.
Cardiovascular Health: These pills can help reduce the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiovascular events by successfully regulating cholesterol levels. Patients who have a history of cardiovascular disease or who are at high risk are frequently administered them.
Combination therapy: Fenofibrate and rosuvastatin calcium work together to manage lipid diseases synergistically. This combo may work better than either drug by itself.
Customized Care: These pills can be made to match each patient’s unique requirements. The results of the lipid profile and each patient’s reaction to treatment can be used to modify the dosage.
Better General Health: These tablets may help enhance general health, including better blood vessel function and less inflammation, by controlling cholesterol levels properly.
Side Effects Of Rosuvastatin Calcium & Fenofibrate Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain (myalgia)
- General weakness
- Daytime drowsiness
Precautions Of Rosuvastatin Calcium & Fenofibrate Tablets
- It is advised that you avoid drinking alcohol while using Rosuvastatin calcium and fenofibrate Tablets to prevent unpleasant side effects including fatigue, drowsiness, or dizziness. If used with too much alcohol, it can potentially result in a potentially fatal condition called a coma.
- Pregnancy category X medication rosuvastatin, which is included in Rosuvastatin calcium and fenofibrate Tablets, can be harmful to both the expectant mother and the fetus. Therefore, it is best to refrain from taking it and see a doctor before using these tablets. Before prescribing for you, your doctor will consider the advantages and any possible hazards.
- It is known that these tablets enter breast milk and may have an impact on the health of the fetus. However, it’s still uncertain if it will be harmful or not. Therefore, you should only take it when your doctor prescribes it for severe circumstances.
- FENOFIBRATE + ROSUVASTATIN often has no effect on your driving performance.
- Use caution when taking these tablets, particularly if you have a history of liver problems. Your doctor may need to change the dosage.
- Take these tablets with caution, particularly if you are presently receiving dialysis or have a history of kidney illness. Your doctor may need to change the dosage. An extended FENOFIBRATE+ROSUVASTATIN ingestion may result in abnormal liver enzyme levels.