Montelukast Sodium & Levocetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets
Montelukast Sodium is a type of medicine that is part of a group called leukotriene receptor antagonists. It is mainly used to control conditions like asthma and allergies. Montelukast Sodium helps to reduce symptoms like difficulty breathing, wheezing, and stuffy nose by blocking a substance called leukotrienes, which causes inflammation in the body. This medicine is commonly given regularly to take care of and stop asthma attacks, especially when other treatments may not be enough. You can get it as a tablet and usually take it once a day.
Levocetirizine Hydrochloride is a medicine used to treat allergies. This thing stops histamine, a chemical that makes you itch, sneeze, and have a runny nose when you have an allergic reaction. Levocetirizine Hydrochloride helps relieve symptoms like allergies and hives, so it is useful for conditions like hay fever and long-lasting skin rashes. It doesn’t make you as tired as other antihistamines do, which makes it appealing to use every day. People usually take this medicine as a tablet. The amount you should take depends on your age and health condition. Overall, Montelukast Sodium and Levocetirizine Hydrochloride are important for treating respiratory and allergic conditions. They help people feel better when they have these health issues.
Allergies are when your immune system reacts to things that are usually harmless, called ‘allergens. ‘ Different people have different reactions to things like food, pollen, pet hair, and more. When something irritates your respiratory system, you may start coughing as a way to protect yourself. This can happen if you have allergies.
How It Works:
Montelukast Sodium and levocetirizine Hydrochloride contains two active ingredients: Levocetirizine and Montelukast.
- Levocetirizine counters the effects of histamine, a chemical involved in allergic reactions. It alleviates allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, swelling, and congestion.
- Montelukast functions as a leukotriene antagonist, inhibiting another chemical messenger called leukotriene. This action reduces inflammation and swelling in the nasal passages.
Usage and Dosage:
You can take the medicine with or without food, as long as you follow the doctor’s instructions on how much to take and how long to take it. The amount of medicine you take depends on how healthy you are and how your body reacts to it.
Possible Side Effects:
Like any other medicine, this medicine can cause some side effects. Here is the list of some side effects you may experince.
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Only use this medication if a doctor tells you to; don’t try to treat yourself.
- Only Consume this medication before consulting with your doctor.
- Don’t give your medicine to other people.
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding please take your doctor’s advice.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking painkillers or allergy medication before you start taking Montelukast Sodium and levocetirizine Hydrochloride.