Losartan Potassium + Amlodipine Tablets
Amlodipine and Losartan tablets are members of the anti-hypertensive medication class, which is mostly used to treat hypertension or elevated blood pressure. A medical condition known as hypertension occurs when there is a continuous increase in blood pressure within the arteries. It is regarded as a crucial risk factor for heart-related conditions. By relaxing and expanding blood vessels, Amlodipine and Losartan reduce blood pressure.
Amlodipine and Losartan are the two medicines that combine Amlodipine and Losartan. Losartan is a member of the class of medications known as angiotensin II receptor antagonists. By preventing blood arteries from constricting, it decreases blood pressure and enhances blood flow. In addition, losartan is used to treat stroke and minimize renal damage in type 2 diabetics. Amlodipine dilates (widens) blood vessels and improves blood flow. It does this by blocking calcium channels. All things considered, it aids in the reduction of hypertension, angina (chest discomfort), and other disorders brought on by coronary artery disease.
How To Use Amlodipine and Losartan Tablets
- Take these tablets whole, along with some water.
- Never eat, shatter, or crush it.
- Store away from direct sunlight in a cool, dry place.
- Cut less sodium in your diet to keep your blood pressure stable.
- Limit processed foods that are high in salt and increase your intake of natural, healthful foods.
- Reduce your weight because obesity may increase your risk of developing hypertension.
Benefits Of Amlodipine and Losartan Tablets
When combined in tablet form, they can offer several advantages:
Effective blood pressure management: Losartan and amlodipine tablets have different mechanisms of action for lowering blood pressure. While losartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that prevents the action of a hormone that narrows blood vessels, amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that relaxes and opens blood vessels. When these two drugs are taken together, blood pressure can be better controlled than when they are taken separately.
Decreased side effects: When compared to taking one antihypertensive drug, combining antihypertensive drugs such as amlodipine and losartan can help lower the quantity and intensity of side effects. This is so that the danger of adverse effects is reduced and lower doses of each medicine can be used when combined.
Side Effects Of Amlodipine and Losartan Tablets
- Ankle swelling
- Increased potassium level in the blood
- Fatigue, Nausea
- Edema (swelling)
- Abdominal pain
- Visual disturbance
- Change in bowel habits
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Precautions Of Amlodipine and Losartan Tablets
- Amlodipine & Losartan may make you drowsy or dizzy. Until you know how it affects you, avoid driving and other tasks demanding focus.
- You can experience weakness or dizziness, especially while standing up. If you have been lying down or sitting, get up slowly.
- Steering clear of alcohol as it could intensify the medication’s ability to reduce blood pressure.
- It may result in foot or ankle oedema. If it doesn’t go away, raise your legs while seated and consult your doctor.
- If you are breastfeeding, intending to become pregnant, or both, avoid using Losartan and amlodipine Tablets.
- You mustn’t stop taking it by yourself as this could exacerbate your disease or cause symptoms to return.
- Potassium supplements with these tablets should be avoided as they may cause elevated blood potassium levels.