Gliclazide I.P. 30mg.-Tablets
Suron XL 30
Gliclazide Tablet is a medicine used to treat diabetes. To lower blood sugar levels, it functions by causing the pancreas to release more insulin.
Gliclazide is the active ingredient in this tablet. It lowers blood sugar levels (sulfonylurea-class oral antidiabetic medication).
This medicine is used to treat adult patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet, exercise, and weight loss are insufficient to maintain appropriate blood sugar levels.
How To Use Gliclazide 30 Mg Tablet
- Always take this medication exactly as prescribed by your physician or pharmacist. If you’re unsure, ask your pharmacist or doctor.
- Your doctor will calculate the dose based on your blood sugar and perhaps urine sugar levels.
- Gliclazide dosage adjustments may be necessary in response to changes in external variables (such as stress reduction, weight loss, lifestyle modifications, or improved blood sugar control).
- One to four pills (maximum 120 mg) taken at breakfast time is the recommended daily dosage. This is dependent upon how the treatment goes.
- Your doctor will establish the appropriate dosage of each medication separately if you are starting a combination therapy that includes this medication and the alpha-glucosidase inhibitor metformin.
- You should speak with your physician or pharmacist if, despite taking the medication as directed, you notice that your blood sugar is elevated.
Benefits of Gliclazide 30 Mg Tablet
Blood sugar control: When combined with diet and exercise, gliclazide helps people with type 2 diabetes manage their elevated blood sugar levels. Gliclazide helps to lower blood sugar levels and avoid consequences associated with uncontrolled diabetes, including heart disease, strokes, kidney disease, circulation issues, and blindness, by boosting the quantity of insulin generated by the pancreas.
Easy dosing: One oral Gliclazide 30 mg pill is used once daily, usually with breakfast People with diabetes can manage their condition more conveniently with this once-daily dosage schedule.
Customized dosage: Depending on the patient’s blood glucose, HbA1c, and metabolic response, the daily dosage of Gliclazide may change. 30 mg per day is the first recommended beginning dose; however, the dose may be changed depending on the individual’s needs.
Long-acting formulation: Gliclazide 30 mg tablets have a modified-release formula, which means the drug will release gradually over the day to give continuous action. This may contribute to steady blood sugar levels.
Side Effects of Gliclazide 30 Mg Tablet
- Weight gain
- Gastrointestinal disturbance
Precautions of Gliclazide 30 Mg Tablet
- Consult your pharmacist or doctor before using Gliclazide 30 mg Tablets.
- To get your blood sugar levels in the right range, you should follow your doctor’s recommended treatment plan. This implies that in addition to taking tablets regularly, you follow your diet, exercise, and, if needed, lose weight.
- Regular monitoring of your glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c) and blood (and perhaps urine) sugar levels is required during gliclazide medication.
- During the initial weeks of treatment, there may be a higher chance of hypoglycemia or low blood sugar. Therefore, extra careful medical observation is required.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist of any medications you are now taking, have recently taken, or may take in the future.
- Alcohol consumption is discouraged since it may unexpectedly affect how well your diabetes is controlled.
- Before using this medication, see your doctor if you are pregnant or want to become pregnant. This medication should not be taken while nursing.
- If you experience hypoglycemia (many episodes of low blood sugar) or have little or no warning signs of hypoglycemia, please consult your doctor before driving.