Betahistine HCL Tablets 24mg
Betahistine is a type of medicine that helps with dizziness, ringing in the ears, feeling sick, and hearing problems. It is mostly used to treat Meniere’s disease. Meniere’s disease is a problem in the ear caused by extra fluid building up inside. When someone has vertigo, they feel like they are moving or spinning even though they’re not. In tinnitus, a person hears a noise or ringing in their ears.
It contains Betahistine, which helps increase blood flow to the ear and reduce fluid in the inner ear. This medicine also decreases how often a person can have attacks.
Betahistine helps to decrease the number of episodes of dizziness caused by Ménière’s disease. It is thought to work by reducing the pressure in the ear. This pressure is thought to cause the feeling of dizziness, sickness, ringing in the ears, and hearing loss in people with Ménière’s disease.
How To Use Betahistine HCL Tablets
- The usual amount of betahistine for adults is 24 mg to 48 mg, taken two or three times a day. This means taking 12 mg to 24 mg two times a day, or 8 mg to 16 mg three times a day. To avoid getting a tummy ache, it’s best to take this medicine with some food.
- Many things can change how much medicine a person needs, like how much they weigh, other health problems they have, and other medicines they are taking. If your doctor tells you to take a different amount of the medicine than what’s written here, ask your doctor before making any changes.
- You need to take this medicine exactly as your doctor told you to. If you forget to take your medicine, just wait until the next time you’re supposed to take it and then continue as usual. If you don’t know what to do after forgetting to take your medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist for help.
- Keep this medicine at room temperature. Keep it away from light and moisture. And make sure kids can’t reach it.
- Don’t throw medicines in the toilet or sink. Pouring things down the sink, flushing them in the toilet, or throwing them in the trash at home. Talk to your pharmacist about how to throw away medicines that you don’t need anymore or that have passed their expiration date.
Benefits Of Betahistine HCL Tablets
Here are some good things about taking Betahistine HCL tablets:
Dizziness Relief: Betahistine helps make vertigo symptoms like feeling dizzy, spinning, and being off balance better. It helps to improve the flow of blood in the inner ear, which makes vertigo episodes happen less often and not as severe.
Meniere Disease Management: Treatment for Meniere’s disease often includes using betahistine for a long time. This condition causes repeated episodes of vertigo, hearing loss, ear ringing, and a feeling of fullness in the ear. It can help make these symptoms happen less often and be less severe, making life better overall.
Improved Inner Ear Circulation: Better blood flow in the inner ear can make the cells that help us hear and keep our balance work better. Betahistine may help with this.
Controlling Symptoms: Betahistine can help with vertigo episodes and may also make tinnitus and hearing loss better for people with Meniere’s disease.
Side Effects Of Betahistine HCL Tablets
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
- Skin rashes
Precautions Of Betahistine HCL Tablets
- Make sure to tell your doctor about any health problems, allergies, or medications you are taking before you start using a new medicine. Also, let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, and any other important things about your health. These things can change how you need to take this medicine.
- This medicine could make it harder to breathe. If you have asthma, talk to your doctor about how this medicine may affect your health and how your health can affect how the medicine works. Ask if you need any extra check-ups.
- The liver helps the body use medication. If the liver is not working well, the medication can build up in the body and cause side effects. If you have liver problems, talk to your doctor about how this medicine might affect your health, and how your health might affect how well the medicine works. You might need extra check-ups too.
- Betahistine can make stomach ulcers symptoms worse. If you’ve had stomach ulcers before, talk to your doctor about how this medicine might affect your condition, how your condition might affect how well the medicine works, and if you need any extra check-ups.
- Do not use this medicine when you are pregnant unless the good effects are more than the bad effects. If you get pregnant while taking this medicine, call your doctor right away.
- If you are nursing and taking this medicine, it might harm your baby. Discuss with your doctor if you should keep breast-feeding.