Amitriptyline Hcl Tablets I.P. 25 mg
Depout Ð 25
Amitriptyline Hcl 25mg Tablet is a medicine for depression. This medicine comes in different strengths and can be used to treat and prevent different problems like feeling sad, nerve pain, and bad headaches. Amitriptyline is a type of medication that helps people feel less sad or worried. It can also make them feel sleepy. Amitriptyline changes some chemical messengers in the brain that control mood. Amitriptyline is a drug that a doctor prescribes to help with depression. Amitriptyline can be used for other reasons not mentioned in this guide.
How To Use Amitriptyline Hcl Tablet 25mg
- Follow your doctor’s instructions and take amitriptyline as directed. Read and follow the instructions on your prescription bottle and read all the information that comes with your medication. Your doctor might sometimes adjust how much medicine you take.
- It could take about 4 weeks for you to start feeling better. Continue using the medicine how your doctor says and let them know if your symptoms don’t get better.
- If you have surgery coming up, make sure to tell your surgeon if you are taking amitriptyline. You might have to take a quick break.
- Don’t suddenly stop taking amitriptyline or you might have bad symptoms when you stop. Talk to your doctor about how to stop taking amitriptyline safely.
- Keep in a cool, dry place at normal room temperature.
Benefits Of Amitriptyline Hcl Tablet 25mg
Amitriptyline HCl tablets may have some good effects.
Treating Depression: Amitriptyline is mainly used as a medicine to help with depression. It can help make you feel better if you are sad all the time, not interested in things, eating too much or too little, or having trouble sleeping.
Treating Long-Term Pain: Doctors may prescribe amitriptyline to help manage long-lasting pain like nerve pain, fibromyalgia, and tension headaches. It can help make pain feel less bad and improve how well pain is controlled.
Aid for Trouble Sleeping: Amitriptyline can help people with sleep problems like insomnia because it helps to make them feel sleepy. It could help you sleep better and have a more peaceful sleep.
Preventing Migraines: Amitriptyline can help stop migraines from happening. It can make migraine attacks happen less often and be less severe for some people.
Anxiety Disorders: Amitriptyline can sometimes be given to help with symptoms of anxiety like too much worrying and feeling restless and tense, although it’s not the first choice for treatment.
Side Effects Of Amitriptyline Hcl Tablet 25mg
- Speech disorder
- Taste change
- Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
- Abnormality of voluntary movements
- Loss of accommodation
- Atrioventricular block
- Micturition disorders
- Erectile dysfunction
- Abnormal ECG
- Decreased sodium level in blood
- Dryness in mouth
- Weight gain
- Aggressive behavior
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
- Decreased libido
Precautions Of Amitriptyline Hcl Tablet 25mg
- Don’t take amitriptyline if you had a heart attack recently.
- Do not take amitriptyline if you have used a MAO inhibitor in the last 14 days. These include isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, or tranylcypromine.
- When you first start taking a medicine called amitriptyline to help with your feelings, you might start having thoughts about hurting yourself, especially if you are younger than 24 years old. Your doctor will need to see you for check-ups during the first 12 weeks of treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you have any new or worse symptoms, like changes in your mood or behavior, feeling anxious, having trouble sleeping, feeling impulsive, irritable, aggressive, or having thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself.
- Mixing alcohol with amitriptyline can be very harmful and even deadly.
- Do not drive or do dangerous things until you understand how amitriptyline will affect you.
- Stay away from the sun and tanning beds to protect your skin. Amitriptyline can make your skin burn faster in the sun. Wear covering clothes and apply sunscreen (SPF 30 or more) when you are outside.